- Combine lamb, light soy sauce, sugar and 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine in a bowl. Season to taste and stand for 30 minutes.
- Combine dark soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and remaining Shaoxing wine and set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat until smoke appears.
- Add vegetable oil, swirl it around wok, add garlic and ginger, let it sizzle until just coloured (8-10 seconds), then immediately add lamb.
- Toss rapidly using a spatula until lamb is partially cooked and slightly charred (20-30 seconds), then add reserved dark soy sauce mixture and mix through.
- Add green onion and stir-fry until most of the sauce is absorbed.
- Check seasoning and add extra sesame oil if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy!