- 6 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- 3 red peppers, roasted, skinned, chopped into 1/2" squares
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, oven-dried and preserved in oil (you could probably fudge this, but I had 'em)
- 4 cloves garlic, diced roughly
- 1 large onion, sliced medium-thin
- 1 14-oz. can foul mudammas
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 c. stock (I used veggie, you could also use chicken)
- olive oil
- Heat oil to low in a large saucepan with a lid
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant (~1 min.)
- Add onions and stir; cook until they begin to soften
- Add tomatoes and peppers with a bit more oil (from their containers works nicely)
- Stir all ingredients together and add a bit of stock (~1/2 c.); stir again to combine and cover
- Cook covered for several minutes, then open and add chicken
- Cook chicken for several minutes, turn over, and add foul mudammas, stirring to combine
- Cover again, and cook on low for about 10 min.
- Uncover, and cook for about an hour on low, stirring occasionally and adding stock when the sauce gets too thick or starts sticking to the pan
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
Really, really good. Just really good. Still-thinking-about-it-now good.