- 1/2 bunch collard greens, chopped very small (1/2")
- three cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced
- one small hot or medium-hot pepper, diced fine (I used jalapeño)
- 1 tsp. black mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp. tumeric
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- several ounces high-temperature oil (sunflower or similar)
- Add enough oil to coat and have a thin layer in base of wok, and heat to medium-high
- When oil is shimmering, add mustard seed and fry until grey and popping, 2-3 min.
- Add garlic; fry for 20-30 sec.
- Add ginger and pepper, and fry for 3-4 min.
- Add remainder of spices and mix well
- Add collards and stir well so all are covered in oil and spices; cover wok
- Cook covered 10-15 min., occasionally stirring to keep from all sticking to wok
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Fantastic. Spicy, flavorful, and a nice charred flavor on the edges. Worked very well with my fish-potato curry.