- Four medium or two large potatoes, diced small (1/4" cubes)
- 5-6 oz. scallops, diced small (1/2" cubes)
- 8-10 oz. sausage (either loose or liberated from its casings)
- 6 oz. milk
- 6 oz. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Warm butter over medium heat in heavy, deep-sided cast iron skillet with cover
- Put potatoes in skillet, and mix around in butter
- Add salt and pepper
- Making sure to mix the potatoes to keep from sticking, sautée for 15 min. until soft
- Add sausage and mix well; cover, and cook for another 15-20 min.
- Add milk and raise heat to medium high; cook for 5 min.
- Add scallops and cook for 5 min.
- Add heavy cream, raise to a low boil, and cook for 5 min.
- Serve hot or lower temperature to lowest setting, and keep warm on stove until serving
Just fantastic - good blend of flavors and textures, and a great way to start a meal.