- 3-4 lb. roasting chicken
- 1/2 c. yogurt
- several sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 oz. white wine
- 4 slices bread, chopped or food-processed
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Mix yogurt, rosemary, wine and salt; cover chicken thoroughly, and place in covered container in fridge for several hours/overnight
- Heat oven to 450°F
- Stuff chicken with breadcrumbs, onion, salt and pepper; place on rack above roasting pan
- Roast for 15 to 20 min., reduce the heat to 375°F, and continue to roast for about 1 more hour for a total of about 1-1/4 hours for a 3-lb. chicken. For larger birds, add another 10 min. for each additional pound.
- The chicken is done when the leg wiggles freely in its joint and when the juices run clear from the thigh when you prick it and from the cavity when you tilt the bird. A thermometer inserted into the lower meaty part of the thigh should register 170°F.