- 2 lbs. carrots, each cut into 2" long pieces, then quartered lengthwise
- 6 tbs. orange or other sweet juice (I used mango nectar)
- 3 tbs. lemon juice
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tbs. minced fresh cilantro
- Combine carrots and 6 tablespoons water/juice in large saucepan.
- Season with salt.
- Cover and boil until carrots are crisp-tender, about 7 min.
- Drain off any excess liquid.
- Transfer carrots to large shallow bowl.
- Mix in lemon juice, oil, cumin and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cilantro. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at cool room temperature.)