- 2 c. white Thai jasmine-scented rice (not brown rice)
- 3 1/2 c. chicken or vegetable stock
- 1-2 tbsp. fish sauce, OR 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. saffron threads
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried crushed chili
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Pour stock into a medium-size pot with tight-fitting lid and place pot on the stove over high heat.
- While stock is coming to a boil, add the turmeric, saffron, garlic, chili, and a squeeze of lemon juice; stir well.
- Add the rice, plus fish sauce (or salt) and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover tightly with a lid.
- Cook 12-15 minutes, or until liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- When most of the liquid is gone, turn off the heat and place lid on tight.
- Allow the pot is remain on the burner another 5-10 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!