• 2 c. flour
• 4 tsp. baking powder
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1/3 c. sugar
• 4 tbsp. butter
• 2 tbsp. duck fat (or other shortening - but do yourself a favor and go for duck fat)
• 3/4 c. whole milk yogurt (subbing for cream)
• 1 egg
• Handful dried currants or dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Cut in butter and shortening.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg then add to dry ingredients.
- Stir in fruit.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll dough out and cut into biscuit size rounds (should make 12-15).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until brown.
Amazing. I was going for a little more salty than called for, and it worked - and the yogurt made the scones nice and fluffy. Fantastic stuff.