- 3 c. flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 12 oz. light lager [I used PBR]
- 1/4 c. melted butter or margarine (the latter if you wanna go vegan)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F
- Grease bread pan and set aside
- Mix dry ingredients until smooth
- Pour in beer and melted fat; mix thoroughly
- Bake for 50 min.
- Remove from pan and let cool on rack.
- Slice and enjoy!
Pretty damn good! And with prep-time about an hour start to end, definitely a good stepping-stone to bread-making that my more cooking-oriented brain can deal with. Next time, might try with a dark beer.