- 5 baby leeks, white bits only, well-rinsed and sliced
- 3 medium potatoes (Yukon Gold in this case), diced
- 5 cups veggie stock (this one derived from collard stems, Swiss Chard chaff, fresh garlic bits)
- 3 tbs. butter
- 1 c. whole milk (calls for 1/2 c. cream, so just upping for more fat)
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-low heat; add leeks and stir occasionally for 5-8 min. Keep heat moderate and cook until leeks are soft
- Season with salt and pepper, and add the potatoes. Mix thoroughly, and cook for one minute
- Add the stock and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 30 min.
- Pour into large bowl and let cool to room temp, either in fridge or not.
- Pour from bowl into blender, and blend until smooth, adding milk now.
- Return to fridge and cool; serve cold and enjoy!
TBD – still in process as of this writing.