Salad: spinach with KD family salad dressing:
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Vinegar (balsamic, cider, white, or mix thereof)
- Dijon Mustard
- Garlic (several cloves, freshly smashed)
- Lemon juice (fresh, if possible)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Sandwich: prosciutto with mozzarella, sauteéd spinach, red onion and garlic on pane.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in pan.
- Add thinly sliced garlic (not minced) for one minute; add red onion for one additional minute
- Add spinach; sauteé and coat in oil until reduced (~2 min.)
- Slice mozzarella thinly on one slice pane; layer prosciutto generously on other slice; toast
- Layer spinach on top of prosciutto; place mozzarella slice on top of that, and slice.