Bunch of collard greens
Water or light beer
- Roast jalapeño pepper on cast-iron pan, turning periodically to blacken entire skin. When complete, place in paper bag for 15 min.
- Chop onion coarsely, and set aside; do same with ginger, chopping finely
- Wash collard greens, and break into stem and leaf sections. Rip leaf sections smaller, and chop stems in half; separate.
- Peel jalapeño pepper, and chop
- In large-enough pan or saucepot, heat oil on medium-high. Add onions, ginger and jalapeño pepper to pan, and sauteé until onions become translucent.
- Add collard green stems and mix with contents of pan; add portion of water or beer and soy sauce, and cover for a few minutes.
- When stems have become bright green, add leaves, mixing thoroughly to wilt. When leaves are bright green and wilted, remove from heat.